What Is MCT Oil?
MCT stands for Medium-Chain Triglycerides, which are essentially a different
healthier type of fat. MCT oil is regularly taken as a dietary supplement and
derived from a combination of palm oil, coconut oil, or dairy products. About 50%
of the fat in pure coconut oil is made up of MCTs. It has become a very popular
supplement amongst bodybuilders and people looking to lose weight.
Triglycerides have two main purposes; they can either be burned for energy or
stored as body fat. Because MCT oil medium-chain triglycerides are shorter than
most other types of dietary fat, the body has an easier time breaking them down
and using them for energy. However, their longer counterparts, LCTs (long chain
triglyceride) often don’t get digested as easily and tend to get stored as fats. So
by increasing your consumption of MCTs and reducing your intake of LCT, you
give your body an easier chance at accessing readily available fuel that also
won’t get stored in your fat cells.
You’ve probably heard of pure MCT oil, because it has recently taken the fitness
world by storm as the new “miracle” supplement that can help you reach your
fitness and health goals. A lot of studies now support just how beneficial MCT oil
can be for the body.
The Benefits of MCT Oil
So what are the health benefits of MCT oil? There are many various health
benefits of MCT oil. Eating foods that are rich in MCT oil daily or taking a
supplement that contains MCT oil is the best way to experience them.
Here are a few changes and benefits you could look out for:
- Hair & Skin: As a fatty acid, MCT oil provides your body with what it needs to to help regular cell turnover and skin health. Some studies have shown that fatty acids like omega-3 and MCTs can boost scalp health, regulate sebum production, and promote healthy skin and hair.
- Nutritional & Weight Loss: MCT oil is more easily digested, which makes it not stored in your fat cells, and also helps keep you feeling fuller for longer. Feeling fuller for longer can help you reduce your caloric intake and boost your weight loss.
- Mental Clarity & Energy: MCT oil is actually broken down in the liver into easy fuel - called ketones Using ketosis to burn fat can be helped with MCT oil. Our bodies doesn’t have to work as hard at using ketones and as a result, you benefit from quicker, cleaner energy that doesn’t come with that lagginess or fogginess.
- Boost Gut Health: Some studies have shown that MCT oil supports healthy bacteria in the gut by acting as a food source. A healthier gut microbiome can aid in digestion, increased immune response, as well as contribute to a more balanced mood.
- Support Your Physical Performance: Because it’s easily digested, MCTs can aid in your endurance and muscle strength.
Does MCT Oil Really Help You Lose Weight?
Daily MCT oil supplement can increase your success in losing weight.
Consider the three components of weight loss:
- What you eat
- How many calories you consume
- How many calories you burn
MCTs play a role in each of these factors. First of all they give you clean, easy
energy that doesn’t get stored as fat. MCTs can also leave you feeling fuller for
longer - which can help you reduce your daily caloric intake. Additionally,
because there is research that suggests they keep your gut and mood balanced,
you may have more success avoid cravings for unhealthy sugary and salty junk
One key to getting the most out of your MCT oil is to slowly increase your daily
intake, however there is such a thing as too much MCT oil - especially if you’re
just starting to use it as a supplement. Try starting with 1 tsp per day and slowly
scale up to 1 or 2 tbsp per day as your body adjusts
- Days 1- 3: 1 tsp MCT oil
- Days 4 - 6: 2 tsp MCT oil
- Day 7: 1 tbsp ( or about 14 mg per day for seasoned users)
Many protein powders or supplement drinks include MCT oil, since it is odorless
and tasteless, so you can add it to just about anything. Be sure to avoid MCT
foods (like creamers or drinks) that have processed ingredients. Mixing in a high
quality protein powder before or after a workout in a shake can be a great way to
supplement your diet.
Bottom line is when you give your body all the ingredients it needs in one protein
shake, you will reach your goals faster. Transformation Protein powder was
specially formulated with MCT oil, collagen, plant & egg white to boasts 30g of protein per serving. Recover faster, gain strength and hit your weight loss targets so you can look and feel your best!