How to Cleanse Your Gut in 4 Easy Steps
Want to lose weight, have more energy, and pass on colds with a killer immune system? Reset your gut. Gut health has become the catch-all term that refers to physiologic function and the physical well-being of all the parts of our gastrointestinal tract. New research is constantly coming out on the monumental importance of our gut plays in our overall health. Our gut is home to more than 100 trillion microorganisms, all which play a crucial role in our digestive tract function, absorbing nutrients from the foods we eat and helping protect us against infections, as well as strengthening our immune systems.
A good gut cleanse program is the ideal place to start to get back to a healthy place. Aiming to restore balance to the microbiomes of our GI tract can become an easy part of your everyday routine. The benefits of a cleanse do more than just help give you a gut detox, they can reset your gut. Preventing issues that may lead to fatigue, discomfort, as well as common conditions like heartburn, constipation, bloating, weakened immune system and even disease.
4 Easy Steps to Cleanse and Reset Your Gut
While some methods of a gut cleanse involve procedures like colonics or medications, there are plenty of simple versions for how to cleanse your gut naturally. These are easy steps that you can take to detox without expensive treatments or medispas. What’s even better - you can start tomorrow! It’s simply a matter of dedication.
Step 1: Reevaluate What You’re Eating
- Try a food journal to kick off this step. Write down everything you remember eating from the past 1-2 weeks. Then make an [honest!] note about everything you eat for the next 1-2 weeks.
- Chances are, you may surprise yourself with how much you will consume junk food or even make less healthy choices––like piling in multiple servings of complex carbohydrates in one day or excess sugar.
- Once you’ve finished your diet audit, balancing out your macronutrients are key in this step.
- While an occasional gut cleanse can do wonders for the body’s microbiome, you can carry over many of the dietary principles to your everyday meal plan so that you constantly maintain a happy gut.
Step 2: Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate
- When getting focused on how to cleanse your gut completely, the best place to start is making sure you're drinking ample water throughout the day.
- Your body needs adequate hydration to flush out all the junk and toxins. That means at least 2 liters of water a day if you are at a normal activity level. For those that are more active 3 liters to a gallon are more sufficient.
- Hydration is especially important as you start to incorporate more fiber-rich foods, which will ultimately be what cleanses your gut.
Step 3: Eat Probiotics
- Probiotic foods are those that contain a healthy and beneficial amount of bacteria. In the microbiome of the gut, the good bacteria eats the bad bacteria.
- Eating foods rich in probiotics can give you a good gut reset cleanse that helps get all the bad bacteria out and allows your body to absorb more nutrients.
- Some examples of foods rich in probiotics include greek yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, keifer, as well as kombucha.
- Because bad bacteria thrive in an acidic environment, it is also very important to make sure that you are eating more basic foods like greens and flaxseed oil during the cleanse. Skip the coffee and the sugar. This will ensure the probiotics can thrive and do their job.
Step 4: Supplement Your Gut Detox
- The right kind of supplements can aid in making your gut reset cleanse the most effective.
- Making sure that you’re getting ample fiber, the right amount of protein, and Collagen peptides, fiber, zinc, L-glutamine have all shown to be beneficial treatments for a leaky gut. Repairing your GI tract requires diligence and the right kind of nutrition.
- Focus on making your cleanse work by not skipping any of the essential vitamins and minerals you need while you are cutting out certain foods like meat.
- Support your body with a blend of organic alkalizing greens, like Super Greens Powder to optimize the gut cleansing cycle and boost your immunity.
Get Your Holidays Started on the Right Foot with a Healthy Gut Cleanse
As the holidays approach, there’s never been a better time for a fresh start. These easy steps are how to cleanse your gut naturally. It's a program that is safe and can be done in a short week if you don’t have time to do a 30-day cleanse. These kinds of natural colon cleanses may help improve digestive health. Whether they truly “cleanse” the colon is up for debate. As with any new nutritional endeavor, it is best to discuss with your doctor before embarking on a new diet plan. Starting before winter hits can be a sure way to fight holiday weight gain, feel good, and avoid pesky colds with a strengthened immune system.