The Relationship Between Fitness and Nutrition
Adding coffee to your protein shake is a great way to start your day. But what does it mean for your overall fitness and nutrition goals? Fitness is dependent on a solid nutritional foundation, starting with your morning breakfast and coffee. It’s not just all about working out. You have to refuel your body with clean, healthy ingredients so you can keep performing your best.
Not everyone has the same nutritional needs, it's very dependent on different factors:
- Age: People who are older tend to need more foods in their diet that contain essential nutrients like calcium and vitamin D to help protect bone density. Aging bodies also process protein less efficiently, and require additional supplements to help them maintain muscle mass, strength and other physiological functions.
- Activity level: Highly active people who are doing workouts or physically strenuous activities 4 or more times a week have more intense nutritional needs. Supplementing with protein is often essential in order to maintain growing muscles and energy levels of moderately to highly active people. It’s important to determine your activity levels and figure out what’s the best protein routine for your fitness goals. Gender: Women have different nutritional needs than men, especially when it comes to fitness goals. Men wishing to bulk up and make gains in their fitness regimen need to make sure they are having extra protein to help repair and restore their muscles. Protein blended with coffee has been shown to help fuel a workout. Some recent studies have even found caffeine to be ergogenic for aerobic endurance, muscle strength, muscle endurance, power, jumping performance and exercise speed.
- Individual Dietary Restrictions: Those who follow certain diets like Keto, gluten-free, or veganism have to balance out their food choices with nutrient-dense foods. Making sure to add back in the micronutrients; vitamins and minerals they may have skipped in a day. This is why it becomes important to add those nutrients into the body with supplements or protein powder recipes.
The Benefits of Adding Coffee to Your Protein Shake
No matter what your age, gender, or dietary guidelines you follow, almost everyone knows that coffee adds to any breakfast smoothie recipe! Making your cafe mocha a coffee protein shake in the am could do more than just boost your energy, it could also boast health benefits.
- Increased Performance: Coffee has been proven to help you focus. A coffee protein shake can be good for physical and mental performance. Because it is a natural stimulant it enhances your muscle’s abilities to contract and may improve your workout performance. Caffeine can also give you an added burst of energy for a workout so that you can go harder and longer. Drinking coffee up to 60-minutes before exercise is the ideal time to rev-up your time at the gym.
- Reach Your Daily Protein Needs: While individual protein needs vary, a morning protein shake can help you meet your daily needs without adding in all the extra calories you might get from eating other foods. Examples include high-fat meats or large serving sizes. Many people who tend to skip breakfast may choose to opt for a protein shake instead, which can deliver a more filling option while also fueling your day. Adding a protein powder supplement to your morning routine helps you reach your intake for the day. Starting with a protein smoothie with a jolt of caffeine can give you extra energy to exceed your fitness goals.
Because coffee doesn’t inhibit your body’s intake and synthesization of protein it can be the super booster ingredient that you were looking for in your protein smoothies.
Try This Easy Coffee Protein Shake for a Nutritional Boost
There are many great protein recipes that deliver on flavor and results. But for a delicious coffee protein shake, try these simple recipes to start:
Keto Protein Coffee: Perfect for those that are following the Keto diet, this recipe will kick your metabolism into high gear.
- 16 Oz Hot Brewed Coffee
- 2 Tbsp Transformation Protein
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil
- 1 Tbsp Stevia
- 1 Tbsp powdered Cordyceps
- Add all liquid ingredients first into blender
- Pour dry ingredients last
- Shake in a shaker bottle
Chocolate Coffee Protein Smoothie: A filling smoothie that offers a healthy take on the traditional frappuccino and uses added banana protein. Try with cold brew to make it extra refreshing.
- 16 Oz Cold Brewed Coffee
- 2 Scoops Transformation Protein Chocolate
- 1 Date pitted
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seed
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup ice
- 10 Ounces Almond milk
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
Add all ingredients to the blender and process until smooth
- 2 Scoops Transformation Protein Powder Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa or Cinnamon (optional)
- 1-2 Cup cold or room temperature brewed coffee (preference)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk (Any dairy free choice)
- Ice (optional)
- Brew 1 cup of coffee or espresso
- Add almond milk or any other dairy alternative
- Mix Transformation Protein with a shaker bottle or blend with ice for a frap!
These coffee protein shakes are definitely worth the hype. Try them with Transformation Protein vanilla or chocolate flavors to ensure that you are getting the highest quality blend of plant and egg white protein. Using a protein powder with your coffee that has 30g of protein per serving to offer you a myriad of benefits:
- Perfect for Morning Workouts
Gives you the energy you need to get through your workout and protein to help support your muscles.
- Post-Workout Recovery
Helps to recharge your energy stores and get you started for your busy day ahead with the added perks of coffee energy. Proteins also aid in the rebuild your muscles post-workout.
- Days When You Skip a Workout
Caffeinated coffee gives you a kick of energy in the morning and the protein can keep you feeling full until lunch time. Not only that but using Transformation protein as your protein supplement you get the added bonus of vitamins, minerals, MCT oil, digestive enzymes, probiotics, 7 grams of fiber and so much more!
No matter what your workout goals are, get there faster by adding Transformation Protein to your am coffee routine. Transformation is the only formula designed with 3-types of the critical proteins your body needs for recovery to trim down and lean up. With 30 grams of total protein per serving it also includes essential vitamins and all 9-amino acids. Known to taste great, absorb quickly, this is what your morning coffee shake or smoothie needs!