Greens powders, often called ‘superfood’ powders, are designed to supplement your diet by simply mixing the powder into water or in your daily protein shake. While greens powders can offer numerous benefits, they do not give you a pass on eating your fruits and vegetables, which provide you with vitamins, nutrients, phytonutrients, and fiber.
If you are someone who eats the recommended 10 servings of the highest nutrient-density vegetables and fruits daily, then you may not need to supplement your diet with a greens powder. But if we’re being honest, most of us aren’t getting the recommended daily allowances on a consistent basis.
If that’s you, then a greens supplement may help—especially if you have excess body fat levels, are looking for an easy way to get more greens and other nutrient-dense foods in your diet or you’re working to control inflammation. Just know, again, it is a supplement. You budget and focus should start with a good diet and use greens superfood powder to supplement occasional gaps in nutrition.
Since greens supplements retain the antioxidants found in their original ingredients, you can expect to gain the antioxidant benefit of detoxifying your body when you use greens powders.
Many greens powders also contain ingredients linked to boosting immune system function. Ingredients that contain sufficient amounts of Vitamins A, B-6, C, E, zinc, and selenium have the potential to boost your immunity.
Since greens are very low in calories, they can also help with healthy weight management. Fighting obesity is another way you can avoid chronic illness.
MAKE SURE YOUR GREENS POWDER HAS THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS
The cliche, “you get what you pay for,” definitely applies in the realm of nutritional supplements. Companies with higher standards charge more for their products because they run additional tests to make certain you are getting a safer, more effective product. Look for manufacturers that use high-quality ingredients on their label, which can all be mixed with your favorite smoothie. Consider a greens powder with the following ingredients:
- Spirulina: Antioxidant, full of vitamins & minerals
- Chlorella: Nature’s best detoxifier
- Leafy Greens: Kale, swiss chard, spinach and more, aid in digestion and contain
- Wheatgrass: Super potent health food, boosts immunity
- Alfalfa Juice: Known for its healing properties, contains Vitamin K
- Barley Grass: Ancient ingredient, strength & endurance
UNDERSTAND WHO IS MANUFACTURING YOUR GREENS POWDER
When selecting a greens powder, researching the reputation of the company/manufacturer is key because there are myriad products on the market that make similar claims but are not all equal in quality. Aim to choose organic products.
- Expiration dates matter.
- They indicate how recently the product has been shelved. If that expiration date has passed or is coming up soon, don’t purchase the product.
- Contact information should be clear.
- Be sure the product’s packaging includes a lot number for the product along with a company name, address of where the company has its headquarters and a way to contact the manufacturer should you have questions.
- Verify label ingredients.
- Some products may contain more or less of an ingredient than reported on the label. Other nutritional products have been found to have higher levels of nutrients than reported on the label, resulting in cases of vitamin and mineral toxicity. Better-quality companies test the final product to make sure it contains the amounts reported.
A QUALITY SUPERFOOD POWDER BRINGS MAXIMUM RESULTS
Selecting a powder with quality organic ingredients will get you that much closer to achieving your nutritional goals.
Transformation Protein’s Super Greens powder is the all-in-1 solution that lasts for 18 months, and it is formulated to give you a balance of the finest alkalizing greens, naturally. It will increase immunity, optimize the gut cleansing cycle, and add natural energy to exercises and recovery. You can mix it with water and take it as a delicious drink, or add it to other shakes for your daily boost.
Super Greens help to support your immunity, detoxify the body, reduce inflammation and improve overall digestion. Providing the equivalent of a full day’s serving of fruits and vegetables, Super Greens are 100% Non-GMO, organic, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, whey-free and dairy-free.
Transformation Protein’s Super Greens may very well be the best tasting powder on the market for those looking to drink it first thing in the morning with water. Some users like to pair it with their protein shake alongside their workout, which delivers the same benefits and less of the greens taste.